Search for content in message boards

German soldier...Franz Kriss

Replies: 4

Re: German soldier...Franz Kriss

Posted: 21 Dec 2012 11:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Ken,
I found my old post on here, and thought I'd update you with what I found out. Amazingly, I was able to find Franz Kriss' widow and daughter, who are still living. I went to a website either you, or someone else, told me about on here. Very shortly after that, I got a reply in German, which I had a hard time translating. Before I had time to translate it, within days, I received an email from the daughter of Franz...Barbara, who is in her 60's. Her mother, Franz' widow Ruth, is 92, and in good health. Ruth never remarried after Franz died, and of course Barbara did not remember her father...so to suddenly hear that we had their husband's/father's belongings that were on him when he died, was amazing to them. Since then, Barbara and I have been corresponding..she speaks/writes perfect English, which helps a lot! So...Major Kriss' Soldbuch has been sent to Germany by my friend, and is due to arrive (hopefully!) on Christmas Eve as a Christmas gift for them. Its a truly remarkable story, and I couldn't have done it without the help of you here on Ancestry! So, THANK YOU and Merry Christmas!!
Carol
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
carolwheelis 5 Aug 2012 6:15PM GMT 
Ken_Sch 6 Aug 2012 4:09AM GMT 
carolwheelis 6 Aug 2012 5:55AM GMT 
Ken_Sch 6 Aug 2012 3:07PM GMT 
carolwheelis 22 Dec 2012 6:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions