Search for content in message boards

Merchant Marine's

Replies: 14

Re: Merchant Marine's

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 10:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Forster, Foster
Oh Moonpie, Im so frustrated. I would swear the man had some kind of secret. I have done so many searches it makes my head spin. It's strange because I was all caught up in family tree stuff very young, and thankfully have names and dates back to Germany....that said, there are things that reportedly my Grandfather didn't even know or at least wouldn't admit he knew....his father committed suicide (told my uncle it didn't happen, but we have confirmed in all ways....sad...maybe he really wasn't told) and his family was sent off to various members to be raised. He passed in 1989. I remember him having these blue tattoos on the inside of each forearm...think one was a pine tree and other involved anchor. But I can't find a thing regarding military service (he was born in 1903) or even he and my grandmother on census and so forth....it's really more than strange. I've got him and his siblings with his mom right after his dad's death(although she is using some last name I can't find anywhere) and on my uncle and mom's birth certificate....but it's like a black hole in between 1910 and 1932....His name was Raymond Charles Forster (some of family spelled it Foster). If you have any ideas I'd be appreciative! :-) Thank you for your energy in responding already..
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
moonpie71 11 Oct 2011 8:26PM GMT 
robinziebert 9 Jun 2012 4:15PM GMT 
moonpie71 9 Jun 2012 6:32PM GMT 
dinans2 25 Nov 2011 5:28AM GMT 
MSteckley9071 26 Nov 2011 1:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic