Search for content in message boards

Fierro/Fierro Ancestry & Rodolfo Fierro

Replies: 15

Re: Fierro/Fierro Ancestry & Rodolfo Fierro

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 8:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
The railroad connection stands out, because I am retired from a railroad too. I worked on the Boston Subway system before I went to law school. I should have done all this research when when My tios and tias were still alive. I have seen Rodolfo Fierro's picture on Winikiepedia (Or whatever they call it!), and he look like me when I was around thirty or so - strange! And Rodolfo Fierro also worked on a railroad! It's hard to establish a connection because so many of my older relatives have passed away.

I don't know if we are related to General Roberto Fierro,
who was the governor of Chihuahua, who helped found the Mexican air force, and who flew non-stop from New York to Ciudad Chihuahua in the nineteen thirties. His record stood for many years. I have never seen a picture of General Fierro.

In all of Spain, there are only 2300 people with the surname of Fierro, though some may spell it with an s, as your family does. Some have kept the old castellano spelling of "Hierro". I have never met another latino person with this surname. There is a large economic consulting group in Madrid named "Gruo Fierro".

I have one tia who is still alive, but she is over ninety, and her memory is not good. I will try to see what she remembers about my grandfather.

Robert H. Glotzer (y Fierro)

boazrg@yahoo.com

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
boazrg 18 Aug 2008 2:19AM GMT 
DRMARTINEZyMO... 3 Jan 2009 10:08PM GMT 
boazrg 4 Jan 2009 12:36AM GMT 
DRMARTINEZyMO... 4 Jan 2009 1:23AM GMT 
NoMunoz75 5 Jun 2009 2:13PM GMT 
boazrg 6 Jun 2009 1:49PM GMT 
DRMARTINEZyMO... 7 Jun 2009 2:08AM GMT 
Lexfieros 20 Jun 2009 5:27AM GMT 
boazrg 20 Jun 2009 2:58PM GMT