Search for content in message boards

Fierro/Fierro Ancestry & Rodolfo Fierro

Replies: 15

Re: Fierro/Fierro Ancestry & Rodolfo Fierro

Posted: 3 Jan 2009 6:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fierro, Ferro, Glotzer, Ferreira, Martinez, Saenz, Elizalde, Morales, Aguilera y Roche
Robert:

Please call me Jesse.

Seems congruent, some Fierro revolutionaries moved from Jimenez elsewhere. I explain you: the hotbed for the Fierros in northern Mexico and Texas was Jimenez Chihuahua Mx. The Fierros settled there and remain there almost a century, thus is not quite rare to find some families Fierro-Fierro. Amongst the Fierros in Jimenez, there were the conservatives (bourgeois) and those who where willing to change the politician "status quo" which favored the rich ones. Francisco Villa was a great personality in these changes during the Mexican Revolution. Seems that the Fierros who where more instructed and have a good education shown a political preference for Pancho Villa; Obviously the conservative Fierros opposed to the changes. Thus, here starts the split of the Fierro's family from Jimenez by 1920. From the left side was Rodolfo Fierro and his family (all Fierros were relatives in different degrees) and the right was represented for those conservative Fierros that stayed in Jimenez. The rest of the Fierros started a Diaspora south to north, that's why you find Fierros in USA. Since the Mexican Revolution did never attain its goals, something very well known here in Mexico, many Fierros never came back again to Mexico.

I think Esteban Fierro died in a battle by that time.

I do have a Lozano male in my records, might be the father of your grandmother.Do you have his first name?

This is the first time I know from a Ruffina Fierro Glotzer. Can you please tell me more about her? I'm very interest for a follow-up of this branch.

Regards

Jesse
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
boazrg 18 Aug 2008 2:19AM GMT 
DRMARTINEZyMO... 3 Jan 2009 10:08PM GMT 
boazrg 4 Jan 2009 12:36AM GMT 
DRMARTINEZyMO... 4 Jan 2009 1:23AM GMT 
N_Munoz72 5 Jun 2009 2:13PM GMT 
boazrg 6 Jun 2009 1:49PM GMT 
DRMARTINEZyMO... 7 Jun 2009 2:08AM GMT 
Lexfieros 20 Jun 2009 5:27AM GMT 
boazrg 20 Jun 2009 2:58PM GMT 
godsgirlcathy 23 May 2012 10:22AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions