Search for content in message boards

PUENTE FAMILY: Aguascalientes, Mexico

Replies: 6

Re: PUENTE FAMILY: Aguascalientes, Mexico

Posted: 2 Oct 2011 1:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, my name is Amanda Burgos. My Great-Grandfather's name was Benjamin Burgos Puente. His mother's name was Martina Puente de Burgos. They crossed the border around 1927, exiled from Mexico as political refugees. I know my great-grandparents were very educated and heavily involved in the revolution (Zapata and Villa). My great-grandfather was a journalist and was invited to interview Mr. Villa on the back of a train during the revolution. It is my understanding, my great-grandfather was very concerned about getting his mother across the border in 1927 because her husband had been murdered and he was afraid they would be coming after her too. My great-grandparents did not
discuss much with their children, and they were afraid the rest of their lives. My family literally has no idea of our family from Mexico, and our family records have been destroyed. If you recognize these names, please let me know. It has been told (in my family) that my great-grandfather and Mr. Villa were close associates. Almost forgot, my Great-grandfather's father name was concepcion. Thanks.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CarmenPuente3... 13 Feb 2011 5:02PM GMT 
aaronpuente 16 Aug 2011 8:53PM GMT 
CarmenPuente3... 17 Aug 2011 12:56AM GMT 
AWURZBURG1 2 Oct 2011 7:05AM GMT 
CarmenPuente3... 3 Oct 2012 3:55AM GMT 
GDCOSIO4 19 Jul 2013 4:49PM GMT 
oliver hernan... 7 Jun 2014 4:59AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions