Search for content in message boards

look up US-Mexican war

Replies: 3

Re: Robert R. Graham - NY - new information

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 6:16PM GMT
Classification: Biography
I found that Robert was a clerk in the Quartermasters Department of the War Department, assigned to Camargo, Mexico earning $60 per month. I’d guess this is a civilian position.

I found this information in
"The Register of all Officers and Agents, Civil, Military, and Naval, in the Service of the United States on the Thirtieth September, 1847, with the names, force, and condition of all ships and vessels belonging to the United States, and when and where built; together with the names and compensation of all printers in any way employed by Congress, or any department or officer of the government."

Prepared at the Department of State, in pursuance of Resolutions of Congress of April 27, 1816, and July 14, 1832. Washington: J. & G.S. Gideon, Printers. 1847

This document is sometimes called "The Blue Book" or "the Official Register of the United States." It's a gold mine for diplomatic service, quartermaster, post masters, etc. listed by name.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
susanvenable6... 30 Apr 2011 1:37AM GMT 
blandfords 2 May 2011 5:15PM GMT 
susanvenable6... 2 May 2011 5:42PM GMT 
susanvenable6... 26 Oct 2012 12:16AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions