Search for content in message boards

2nd Reg hospital London 1820

Replies: 0

2nd Reg hospital London 1820

Posted: 5 Oct 2013 12:46AM GMT
Classification: Military
Surnames: Soden
Hello,
I am seeking help to find information on Thomas Soden who died in Dec 1820 and abode listed was 2nd Reg Hospital.
He was burried in St Margarets church yard Westminster, London, and there are lots of others in the register whose abode is the same 2nd Reg Hospital. Source is the Westminster Burials transcipts page 101.

His wife Elizabeth Soden and their 3 children, Teresa b 1811, Henry b 1814 and Joseph b 1817 are listed in the army compasionate lists and she reveived payments till she died in Gainsford St Horselydown Surrey in 1851. Elizabeth is listed on the census as born in the Kindom of Naples, and perhaps they married over there as I also have not been able to find a marriage for them. The children record their birth place as London, and Joseph lists his father's occupation as Surgeon.

Sorry but apart from this, I have next to no information on Thomas. This Thomas would be the right age, as I believe he is the one born in 1793 to Thomas and Elizabeth Soden and christened in Finsbury St Luke Old Street.
Any idea on how to find more information on who or what 2nd Reg might have been.
Thank you
Louise

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions