Search for content in message boards

Uniform ID - Eastern European likely

Replies: 0

Uniform ID - Eastern European likely

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 9:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Attached are two photos of a relative that I am trying to identify. The second image is an enlargement of the first in order to present more detail.

This photo is reprinted in post card form and says "Made in Canada" on reverse, but I have reason to believe that the photo was taken originally somewhere in Eastern Europe.

Can anyone identify the nation and military branch represented in this photo and the era of the photo based on the military uniform?

An identification of the man by name would be even better. I understand that he did not survive WWII, though I don't know the circumstances of his death which has been described to me as an "assasination".

He is purported to be the bio dad of my late father, but his identity has been shrouded in mystery and any family members who would know anything of this mystery man are long since deceased.

The most I have to go on is that his liaison with my paternal grandmother probably took place in early 1932 in Roumania.
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions