Search for content in message boards

GA militia formation

Replies: 4

Re: GA militia formation

Posted: 2 Apr 2006 4:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
I do find Nahar Marshall: MARSHALL NAHAR PRIVATE PRIVATE 3 REG'T WIMBERLY'S GA Militi 132 602 .
http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ga/military/warof1812/r...

The following pension of an individual references her husband was in Wimberly's , 3 regt and the soldier was a resident of Jones Co., GA. (Tudor, John Evans - Bounty Land Claim of his widow November 12 1851 Warof1812 3rd Regiment (Wimberly's) Georgia Militia). You can google this.

Another source: http://www.rootsweb.com/~gataylor/regim.htm
3rd Regiment Wimberly's
3 Reg't (Wimberly's) Georgia Militia,
all as privates: Bennet King, Isaac S. King, Jacob King, John King, and John King.
Dempsey Butler is listed as Pvt. in 3rd Regt GA Militia (Wimberly's). Dempsey Butler, b ca 1788, NC He was in Jones Co, Ga in 1827 when he made application in the 1827 GA Land Lottery based on service in the War of 1812. gerhardt@owc.net Marken Gerhardt

Captain Cyrus White, Wimberlys Regt, Gen Blackshiers Division drafted at Madison, Morgan County, in the fall of 1814, and served about six months. He was released/mustered out at a camp or fort in Georgia, I havent looked that up yet. From a widows pension application. Bobby Hanson bobbypat@bellsouth.net

Joseph Brooke served in 3 REG'T (Wimberly's) Georgia Militia during the War of 1812. He was stationed in Jasper County, GA. Brown V. Brooke Comanche, TX irbrooke@comanchetx.com

Captain Lewis Easter

Captain William Harvey

Matthew Hodges

Lewis Lee

John Reid

Jesse Thomas

John Thomas

John Wilson.

If you can email me tomorrow when I am back home and at my desk, I believe I have a site which tells where the regiments pulled from.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
S Marshall 12 Jan 2006 2:27AM GMT 
gregoryburnha... 2 Apr 2006 10:10AM GMT 
Susie Marshall 3 Apr 2006 12:38AM GMT 
gregoryburnha... 11 Apr 2006 3:10PM GMT 
gregoryburnha... 2 Apr 2006 10:15AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions