Search for content in message boards

GA militia formation

Replies: 4

Re: GA militia formation

Posted: 2 Apr 2006 4:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
I do find Nahar Marshall: MARSHALL NAHAR PRIVATE PRIVATE 3 REG'T WIMBERLY'S GA Militi 132 602 .

The following pension of an individual references her husband was in Wimberly's , 3 regt and the soldier was a resident of Jones Co., GA. (Tudor, John Evans - Bounty Land Claim of his widow November 12 1851 Warof1812 3rd Regiment (Wimberly's) Georgia Militia). You can google this.

Another source:
3rd Regiment Wimberly's
3 Reg't (Wimberly's) Georgia Militia,
all as privates: Bennet King, Isaac S. King, Jacob King, John King, and John King.
Dempsey Butler is listed as Pvt. in 3rd Regt GA Militia (Wimberly's). Dempsey Butler, b ca 1788, NC He was in Jones Co, Ga in 1827 when he made application in the 1827 GA Land Lottery based on service in the War of 1812. Marken Gerhardt

Captain Cyrus White, Wimberlys Regt, Gen Blackshiers Division drafted at Madison, Morgan County, in the fall of 1814, and served about six months. He was released/mustered out at a camp or fort in Georgia, I havent looked that up yet. From a widows pension application. Bobby Hanson

Joseph Brooke served in 3 REG'T (Wimberly's) Georgia Militia during the War of 1812. He was stationed in Jasper County, GA. Brown V. Brooke Comanche, TX

Captain Lewis Easter

Captain William Harvey

Matthew Hodges

Lewis Lee

John Reid

Jesse Thomas

John Thomas

John Wilson.

If you can email me tomorrow when I am back home and at my desk, I believe I have a site which tells where the regiments pulled from.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
S Marshall 12 Jan 2006 2:27AM GMT 
gregoryburnha... 2 Apr 2006 10:10AM GMT 
Susie Marshall 3 Apr 2006 12:38AM GMT 
gregoryburnha... 11 Apr 2006 3:10PM GMT 
gregoryburnha... 2 Apr 2006 10:15AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic