Search for content in message boards

War of 1812, Mississippi Militia

Replies: 4

Re: War of 1812, Mississippi Militia

Posted: 26 Jul 2001 12:45PM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2002 5:57PM GMT
Rachel Collins was a cousin of our family. Our strongest ties to the Brents, as far as info is concerned, is through the Hollingsworth line, also from Raymond, Hinds County, area. Cousin Maggie Hollingsworth had detailed info on all their family, and she lived with Jane Brent, her neice, until her death. They are both gone now, and I don't know who inherited those records. I am hoping somebody who cared, because Maggie had very detailed valuable records. My line of Collinses in Hinds County, MS, was Moses Collins Sr. to Moses Jr. to John Hampton Collins Sr. to John H. Jr. to Thomas Edward Collins Sr. to Thomas Edward Jr., my father. T. E. Collins Sr. was married to Ellen Smith, daughter of Alfred Randolph and Ellen Lacy Smith. J. H. Collins Jr. was married to Pernicia Riser, daughter of Isaac and Mary Ann Hollingsworth Riser. J. H. Collins Sr. was married to Catherine Ann Catchings, daughter of Jonathan L. and Lawrany Thompson Catchings. Moses Collins Jr. was married to Elizabeth Zachary. Moses Collins Sr. was married to Hannah Willis. Moses and Hannah moved to MS before the War of 1812. My query about War of 1812 was to find exact documentation on each of these lines as to who was in the MS Militia, since all of these families (surnames, relatives) were here in time to be in the Battle of New Orleans. I have extensive info on all of the female lines. Moses Collins Sr. was in the Rev. War. Moses Collins Jr. and Jonathan Catchings and a number of other relatives on my mother's side were in the War of 1812 from Mississippi.
I'll make a trip to the Welty Library and look at that book. Thanks for the tip.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
landinmc 16 Apr 2001 9:47PM GMT 
bnwracng1 21 Jul 2001 3:49AM GMT 
landinmc 26 Jul 2001 6:45PM GMT 
R abn 2 Aug 2012 1:02PM GMT 
CAMG47MS 27 Nov 2012 2:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions