Search for content in message boards

Land Bounty, Warrantee: Jonathan Wood, PA Militia

Replies: 0

Land Bounty, Warrantee: Jonathan Wood, PA Militia

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 10:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WOOD, WILCOX, JACKSON, MAGILL
Hello. Found a Land Bounty for a Jonathan Wood, Private, who served under Capt. Magill's Company, Pennsylvania Militia, War of 1812. I think this is Capt. William Magill of the Bucks County Rangers. The land was in Wisconsin. Jonathan's widow is Catharine Wood and the land was to go to her. But the land was assigned and granted to a George G. Wilcox & Andrew B. Jackson, July 1, 1872.
Can anyone tell me why Catharine wouldn't get the land bounty? She did not sign it over to the men mentioned above.

I am researching my ancestor, Jonathan Wood born abt. 1787 in Virginia. Married Catherine ?. Jonathan died in Vigo Co., Indiana abt. 1836. Catherine remarried in 1837 and dies in Vigo County, Indiana in Sep 1849. My Catherine was born in Ohio. I cannot not find where they were married or lived prior to 1830. They are in the Parke County, Indiana census in 1830. I am reaching out but, am hoping maybe some one might know about this Jonathan & Catharine land bounty. Thanks. Carla

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions