Search for content in message boards

1812 Records

Replies: 5

1812 Records

Posted: 29 May 2010 7:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Foot note has some service date. The National Archives has the records. Look for all possible people you might have and ask to pull the records. In the afternoon go upstairs and look at recordes one at a time and ask them to copy what you want. You may think that serving one to three months is very little, but it all counts. If the record says your guy was a deserter, see if there service after that entry. People took off to plant, harvest, etc. They missed roll call, thats all. Still good. Get an 1812 Society in your area, fill out the paperwork, meet at the country club and enjoy some new friendships. Skip Gustafson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RTG7071 30 May 2010 1:00AM GMT 
CorneliaWarne... 5 Jan 2012 4:49AM GMT 
CorneliaWarne... 5 Jan 2012 5:02AM GMT 
1PeggyReeves 3 Jun 2013 3:05AM GMT 
1PeggyReeves 3 Jun 2013 3:06AM GMT 
CorneliaWarne... 3 Jun 2013 5:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic