Search for content in message boards

Were there exemption codes?

Replies: 4

Re: Were there exemption codes?

Posted: 23 Jul 2012 9:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jul 2012 5:30PM GMT
I don't think this is an official card. It has no registras report. It does not have a registras signature.

He was born in 1894 and this Registration card "A" was from 5 June 1917. It was for born between June 6, 1886 and June 5, 1896. He would have been about 23 or 24, but there is no date on this card as to when he registered. It wouldn't make a difference; because he fell under the guidelines of the registration Card.

The thing it would have been dated and he would have a qualifying date on that side of the card and it would have been signed by a registra.

I think Decmay made ref to and I agree there would be a no or yes on line #12. I just got through working on a thread on this Board. The #12 question had said yes and then for clarification was written in SO #33 (Special Order #33).

Bear with me I am going to explain something. This is worth the time I think. This particular Draft registrtion had a two fold situation. Line #12 was written ?Yes?(I am not sure) and then as an explantion he was claiming an exemption under SO #33.

Question #9 asked if you have s father, mother, wife, child under 12, or a sister or brother under 12 who is solely dependant on you for support (specify which. I think he answered yes and put his mother.

Then on the Registras report (He had served in the military prior to this.) on the back side. He was listed with a disability. I think it just was checked.

Geting back to #12 He said he was exempt from SO#33. Was it from the disability from the Army or was it because he had to to support his mother. Special Orders can be very broad or very small and unlike a general order they are issued at every level in the Army. No answer to Special Order #33 and enough time taken on this thread; but I think it was relavent in a small way.

I really think there is another official registration Record. They might be saying and I don't agree. It is some kind of record on this man and gives some info on him; because his records might have gotten destroyed and like my father. It is one of the pieces of info that there is from his Army history. Something is better than nothing. You have a litle piece of him. Official or not.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jennifer Came... 14 Mar 2012 7:53PM GMT 
DecMay 18 Mar 2012 7:18PM GMT 
Dannyssmile18... 24 Jul 2012 3:31AM GMT 
Dannyssmile18... 24 Jul 2012 9:40AM GMT 
Dannyssmile18... 24 Jul 2012 12:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic