Search for content in message boards

WWII--William and Wesley Guy war info

Replies: 4

WWII--William and Wesley Guy war info

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 7:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Guy
I am looking for ANY information on my grandfather whom served in WWII in Third Army in infantry.
Name: William Guy, DOB 9-16-18, born in Park Ridge, New Jersey, and probably enlisted there as well.
Has 2 brothers:
Wesley Guy DOB 11-19-1913 died 3-6-98, born in Park Ridge, New Jersey,and
John Henry Guy DOB about 1911, born in Pennsylvania, but raised in Park Ridge, New Jersey. i believe that William and Wesley both enlisted in New Jersey.
William Guy received a Purple Heart due to shrapnel or a bullet to his lower-middle back, and came back with a German firearm and a bayonet.
That is all anyone in my immediate family knows. I can't seem to find much. It appears that most, if not all of his files were burned along with 1,000's of others that were in the army & navy.
If anyone knows anything such as the division he was in, his serial number, or anything else you may have or find in the future i would so very much appreciate it!
He was the only male influence i had in my life, and we both(according to my mother, aunts, and siblings) utterly adored each other. DOB, place of birth, family members, etc.. Please someone help find out about my HERO.
Thank you for the time you took to at least read this!
You may e-mail me at andreadstaley@yahoo.com, or just thru this chat room.

Andrea DiFilippi-Staley
granddaughter of WWII vet William Guy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
andreadstaley 26 Jan 2013 2:00AM GMT 
infosending1 29 Jan 2013 4:28PM GMT 
andreadstaley 2 Feb 2013 4:18AM GMT 
infosending1 4 Feb 2013 2:00AM GMT 
andreadstaley 7 Feb 2013 6:54AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions