Search for content in message boards

Navy Pilot and radiomann lost at sea Sept 1943

Replies: 1

Navy Pilot and radiomann lost at sea Sept 1943

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 1:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Apr 2013 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: pullin, lee, bartlett
I am trying to find info on persons who were assigned to VT-6 Air carrier goup6 - OR ex VT-7 (torpedo squadron)/ (July 43 - or.704-43. ) On Sept 3 1943, a team of three who were assigned to this squadron died at sea. The were on a routine flight mission (9/2/43) and the plane developed engine trouble and went down at sea.

William Bartlett was the gunner, piloted by Ensign Robert Pullin and their radioman was Raymond Lee. Bartlett was found on 9/3/43 and taken to NAS dispensary Puunene, Maui and died a few hours later. Pullin and Lee were never found and listed as died at sea. They were described as .. one of our best combat teams..

How can I find info on Robert Pullin and Raymond Lee or who they were related to??? I wish to contruct a memorial page on all three. Bartlett is ancestor so I know what happen to him. I have a picture of all three together. Letter sent to family of Bartlett, deceased, signed by J.L. Phillips, Jr., Lt. Cdr..
(dated 9/16/1943).

Thanks in advance..
Sheilah
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sab54 26 Apr 2013 7:31PM GMT 
ycaso77 26 Apr 2013 9:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions