Search for content in message boards

Virginia I. Lorenz Kinsey

Replies: 0

Virginia I. Lorenz Kinsey

Posted: 5 Jul 2011 10:19AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Lorenz, Kennedy

LEWISTOWN, PA. – Virginia I. Lorenz Kinsey died peacefully Sunday, July 3, 2011.

She was born Aug. 28, 1923, in Youngstown, Ohio

She was preceded in death by her mother, Agnes M. O’Neill Lorenz Kennedy; father George E. Lorenz Sr.; stepfather Robert W. Kennedy; and brother George E. Lorenz Jr.

Her husband, Frank R. Kinsey M.D., whom she married on July 6, 1947, preceded her in death in 1987.

She is survived by her seven children, L. Diane Kirchner and husband Theodore H. of Portland, Maine, F. Robb Kinsey Jr. and wife Ruthanne Tomanica of Franklin, Tenn., Nancy K. Laub and husband Joseph A. of Lewistown, Pennsylvania, Bruce W. Kinsey and wife Daniaele of Tyler, Texas, Kent R. Kinsey and wife Barbara of Berryville, Va., Virginia E. Kinsey-Peterson and husband Richard T. of Glen Allen, Va. and Gail M. Kinsey and husband J. Dermod Wood of Pittstown, N.J.; as well as 14 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.

Virginia was a 1941 graduate of Liberty High School, Youngstown.
A registered nurse, she was a graduate of St. Elizabeth’s Hospital School of Nursing, Youngstown in 1944.

She served in the Army Nurse Corps in World War II at Fort Knox, Ky. and as a First Lieutenant in the Occupation Army in Stuttgart, Germany.

She has been an active member of the Mifflin-Juniata County Medical Society Auxiliary since 1950. She served as state President in the Pennsylvania Medical Society Auxiliary. Over the years, she also served two terms as Mifflin-Juniata County Medical Society Auxiliary President, as well as Sixth District Counselor, Central Regional Vice President, First Vice President.

Virginia was an active member of St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in Lewistown. She was the Altoona Convocation Chairman and President of the Episcopal Church Women of the Central Pennsylvania Diocese for three years. She also served as a Girl Scout Leader.

She served on the Board of Managers of the Lewistown Hospital Board of Trustees, the Pennsylvania Health Education Development Council and the Family Planning Council. She was a member of the Pennsylvania Medical Society Alliance and the American Medical Society Alliance.

Visitation will be held at the Heller-Hoenstine Woodlawn Funeral Home, 200 N. Main St., Lewistown from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, July 6, 2011. There will be no public viewing.

Her funeral service will be at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 21 S. Main St., Lewistown at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 7, 2011.
A private interment will immediately follow the funeral service.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be sent to St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, for the Virginia I. Kinsey memorial fund, 21 S. Main St., Lewistown, PA 17044.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions