Search for content in message boards

Frederick (W or S.B) Harrison WW2 Nurse

Replies: 0

Frederick (W or S.B) Harrison WW2 Nurse

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 4:24AM GMT
Classification: Military
Surnames: Harrison
I am new to researching family history and I am really looking for some help...

My granddad served as a nurse in World War Two but I am having trouble discovering information about him. My Dad took his death very hard, so I cannot obtain any information from him and my Grandmother suffers from dementia so sadly cannot help with my quest for information either.

My family know very little about this man - we do not even know his mothers name - and therefore discovering information has so far not been very fruitful.

I do however know that his service number was 7359431 as I have a letter sent to him by the Ministry of National Insurance in 1946. The letter was sent to a Mr F. W. Harrison, 113 Holly Street, London. This was intriguing to me, as my family have always been led to believe that my Granddads name was Frederick Sylvanus Braum Harrison, however I cannot find any record of such a man prior to my Grandmother and Granddads marriage certificate in 1949. We believe that his service took him to Egypt at some point, as we have a photograph of him in uniform in front of the pyramids, and he also talked about how he would like to return to the pyramids under more pleasant circumstances.

I know that he was a nurse and have a letter from the General Nursing Council dated 22nd of July 1949, and know he worked in Benenden hospital in Kent.

Please please please can anyone help me, even if it is just pointing me in a direction? I really want to know about this man who meant so much to me, and feel I am failing his memory by failing in my mission to find out about his life!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions