Search for content in message boards

Tech 5 3rd Army Under Patton and Bradly

Replies: 2

Re: Tech 5 3rd Army Under Patton and Bradly

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 10:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
I know I am Lucky. When I was younger I was the only girl in the family that seem to have an interest in his WWII Stories, not all pleasant. In the summer we would Bar-B-Que almost every Sunday and I would sit out there and listen to his stories. We have many of his medals, patches, etc. I have already spoke to the to the VA here in St. Louis where all the records were burnt but then the National Archive in 2002 tried to put together information and put on file. I went to their site and found all the information needed and location the exact box and film reel where my dads seperation papers could be found. It is like I am handing them all the work completed but they wont take it. They want you to fill out thousands of forms and I have the information right in front of me. But they will not be left off the hook that easy, I will get someone to get them. It took me weeks to deciper the computer codes to finally find his location on file. Since they had a hard job trying their best to put this information back on file, I had to be a savy computer person, but I won.
I am so proud of the WWII Veterens.
It makes me cry when I see how the Vietnam War Vets were treated, just horrible. Thank you for your service. I love my Dad, even at 95 I hope he is around for quite some time. Love and God Bless....
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jeanniediblas... 28 Mar 2013 2:55AM GMT 
ycaso77 29 Mar 2013 7:30PM GMT 
jeanniediblas... 30 Mar 2013 4:56AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions