Search for content in message boards

I am an orphan and want my birth story.

Replies: 6

I am an orphan and want my birth story.

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 3:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Oct 2012 3:07PM GMT
Surnames: Shutz, Schultz, Shultz
I was born in July, 1955 to an unwed young mother named Mary Ann or Mary Ellen Shutz or Schultz in Ponca City, Oklahoma in a Catholic facility which no longer exists. I believe that my mother was about 18 and a student and my birth father was an older graduate student or an instructor. He may have been about 22-23 years of age. The adoption was handled by Catholic Charities in Oklahoma City and even to this day they refuse to help me know my birth parents. They have however, after I gave them a large sum of money, called my birth mother who will not even give me my birth father's name or any information that might help me find him. She wants nothing to do with me being afraid that her current husband will think she was a tramp prior to meeting him. All I know is she was a teacher who has another child, my half sister, who is also a teacher. Supposedly, she is from a state bordering OK, perhaps Kansas, Missouri or Arkansas and her family were farmers and one relative was a butcher. At the urging of my husband I have participated in the DNA beta test from ancestry.com I also have retained an attorney for the last 3 years, versed in these matters, to help me. We are pursuing this based on constitutional grounds that all adoptees are entitled to this information based on being denied accurate family tree health records. I know this is a long post but if you can help me there is a special place in heaven for you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
John Wanken 18 Oct 2012 9:06PM GMT 
Jennifer Galp... 19 Oct 2012 1:14PM GMT 
John Wanken 19 Oct 2012 4:20PM GMT 
mi2early 19 Oct 2012 3:20PM GMT 
John Wanken 19 Oct 2012 4:11PM GMT 
mi2early 19 Oct 2012 5:08PM GMT 
John Wanken 19 Oct 2012 6:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions