Search for content in message boards

Albertinum Orphan Asylum

Replies: 23

Re: Albertinum Orphan Asylum

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 9:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
It does seem more than a little odd that you, and the other "girl" choose a Genealogy forum to voice your displeasure about the Albertinum.

I researched the Albertinum in detail between 1973-1985. I looked into every complaint filed with CPS and other Social Service agencies against that school between 1950 and the date it closed.

Not one of them was ever substantiated. Not a single one!

Now that seems extraordinary, if that school was the hotbed of abuse that you claim it was. You (and the other "former student" that are claiming all of this abuse were placed there by the State. You REALLY believe that the State did not monitor how their charges were treated?

I know for a fact that the boys were regularly checked on, and interviewed by Child Protective Services staff, to insure that their treatment was NOT abusive.

Yet YOU claim that abuse was rampant on the girls side. It seems more than strange that this was never discovered, and that all of the various Social Service Agencies placing girls there knew nothing of that "abuse".

You are correct, I am NOT a girl, and I did not experience the girls dorms or programs. However, I know several women who WERE girls there, between the 1940's and 1960's, and not one of them has ever related any experience that even remotely comes close to what you claim happened.

I am not saying that it didn't, but I do have my doubts.

Yes, there was discipline, for those that refused to comply with the rules. I personally got spanked several times (and I richly deserved it). But I was never abused, nor did I ever see anyone abused.

As I have said, before anyone judges that school from YOUR reports, I invite them to go to Classmates.com, and read the rememberances from the MANY men and women that absolutely loved their time at The Albertinum.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
FashionBlvd 4 Mar 2013 5:37AM GMT 
Lynton_Stewar... 4 Mar 2013 3:17PM GMT 
FashionBlvd 4 Mar 2013 3:26PM GMT 
Lynton_Stewar... 4 Mar 2013 4:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions