Search for content in message boards

brother?

Replies: 4

brother?

Carol Berst (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2001 7:57AM GMT
I was raised as an only child,when I was aprox 10 years old,my fathe took me aside at a family gathering and told me that 2 pictures in our photo book(the only ones not identified) that I often asked about (baby&10yr.boy,and every time I asked my father he said it was someone different then the time before when I asked.He probably thought I wouln't notice the difference but as an only child who's parents kept very good records,I was secretly hoping this was another cousin.) MUCH to my surprise .my father for no reason that day said you know those two pictures of that little boy you ask about ,he is your brother .To say I was dumbfounded is an understatement,he said please don't say anything at the party,he would explain the next day. The next day before I could ask my father said he was only joking and to please not metion it t my mother. Being apolite child I was stupid and kept putting off asking anyone till now all but one of my aunts is alive(myfather&siblingss wee aprox. 20 years older then my mom who passes away4 years ago, and my father who is now 91,is not alot of help. I realiaze I wa stupid not to ask anyone ,but 30+years ago even divorce was openly discussed in my family. My children are almost all grown and this is something ,I would like to know ,just to know. Why would a parent make this statement if it was not true,maybe it was from a first marriage.My fathers name is JohnL.Colliard,born 5-06-1910 in Arcade New York. My mother'sname is Orpha Irene(Hawman-Mesler) born I believe in Ontario, Canada.She was born 11-031925. They married in Buffalo New York March26,1949.

thanks for the help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carol Berst 13 Jun 2001 1:57PM GMT 
Judy Hawman 20 Jul 2001 2:52AM GMT 
@@Klori69@hot... 2 Dec 2009 10:24AM GMT 
charlotte fra... 15 May 2014 11:35PM GMT 
pblackstock12 23 Jul 2013 12:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions