Search for content in message boards

I'm looking for my maternal Great Great Grandmother

Replies: 0

I'm looking for my maternal Great Great Grandmother

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 10:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jul 2012 1:03PM GMT
Hello all,

My maternal great grandmother never knew who her real mother was and this is the story she told me:

When she was a baby, she was left on the steps of a church(by her mother we assume) in Sharon, MS. The pastor and his wife took her in. Sometime later, they relocated and moved to Canton, where she grew up. Some people told my great grandmother that a lady(who we assume is her birth mother) came either to the house or to the church and tried to take her back but her adopted mother wouldn't give her up. Many people told her that they believe the woman might have been passing through when she left her on the steps while some other people told her that her mother might have lived in Sharon or close to Sharon.

My great grandmother is mixed but we aren't sure what she is mixed with. Her adopted parents were African American and we believe her real father is African American. We believe her birth mother is either Hispanic/Latina, or white/European because my great grandmother's natural hair color is a dark brownish red color and her eye color is weird. We say she had cat eyes.

My great grandmother was born in 1922 and is 90 years old.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Find a board about a specific topic