Search for content in message boards

Trying to find information about my Grandmothers biological family.

Replies: 3

Trying to find information about my Grandmothers biological family.

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 11:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jones, Thomas
My Grandmother, Rena Ann Jones, was born on November 16, 1944 in Bolton, MS and her twin sister, Ruby, was born on November 17, 1944 in Jackson, MS.

I have several names but no dates in regards to her biological family. She says that her biological mothers name was Mary Lee Thomas or Thompson. She is 1 of 9 children born to August Thomas and his wife. As far as I know,they all lived in Bolton, Mississippi. My grandmother doesn't believe that Mary Lee ever married, but she had three other children outside of my grandmother and her twin sister. Her first child was a son named Eugene, then my grandmother and twin sister, a daughter named Celeo? and a daughter named Louise. Out of her 5 children, her last daughter Louise was the only one she kept. It is also believed that none of her children share the same father. I do know that Mary Lee was born in December and died in December close to New Years, not sure of any dates, but she was probably in her early 60's (according to my grandmother).

I'm not 100% sure about their genetic/racial background either. I do know that they are of African-American decent. My grandmother is of light complexion and according to her, my grandmother Mary Lee, her father and 4 of her siblings had a dark complexion, while Mary Lee's mother and the other 5 siblings had a very light complexion (they could pass), so that leads me to believe that their maybe some other races in their family line.

In regards to my grandmothers paternal side, the only thing I know is that her fathers name was John Jones and that he lived in the same area as Mary Lee. My grandmother took the last name of her adoptive parents, David Jones and his wife, so it's just a funny coincidence I guess that her biological father has the same last name.

As I said before I have a lot of names but no dates. So I'm needing any sort of resource help that could lead me to possible census or birth records or people who may know anything about the people named above that could help me on my search.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hnb1327 16 Nov 2012 6:42AM GMT 
outrmpt 16 Nov 2012 4:29PM GMT 
hnb1327 17 Nov 2012 2:01AM GMT 
hnb1327 31 Mar 2013 9:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic