Search for content in message boards

add child - parents not married

Replies: 5

Re: add child - parents not married

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 5:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Every Family Tree site and software is Very UNMODERNIZED, you just have to live with the "Add Spouse" button, there are family tree softwares such as family tree legend, legacy, and family tree builder that allow you to select the two as just friends or for legacy, you can select "this couple never marry". They do pretty good in their reports not to state they were married, though there are certain places they will still say the two were married.

Until they accept the fact that people actually have children outside of marriage and start to add features such as "Add Mother/Father of Child" or something that doesn't imply spouse, you just have to pretend just for them.

This is what I tried, I simply attached the Father to the child and the Mother to the child without attaching the Father and Mother to one another as "Spouse". The problem I encountered, was when you go to either the Mother or father's personal page or predigree chart, it list the child under "Unkonwn Father/Mother".

I didn't like it so I just attached the person as spouse, ancestry and other family tree softwares will have to just get with the program, and I wish they would real soon.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Beth Straton 12 Mar 2009 2:24AM GMT 
daciodan 12 Mar 2009 11:12PM GMT 
3rdTHawkins 12 Mar 2009 11:25PM GMT 
rrichard63 3 Sep 2012 5:00PM GMT 
BrklynBridge 8 Sep 2012 1:04PM GMT 
ginglish1 8 Sep 2012 1:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic