This is very easily done using the free SplitCam download. Keep in mind that the Ancestry video uploader only record up to 12 minutes of video, so if your video is longer, you may want to edit your video to a max of 12 minutes before proceeding.
Here’s how to upload your video to Ancestry:
1. Go to http://www.splitcamera.com/
and download and install SplitCam.
2. Click "Record Video" on your desired Ancestry.com page
3. On the next Ancestry page, click "Allow" on the video uploader. The words "SplitCam" should now appear on the video uploader.
2. Next, select the video you want to upload in SplitCam, by opening SplitCam, go to "File", then "Video Source", then "Video File", then select your desired video.
3. The video file will begin playing in SplitCam.
4. IMMEDIATELY click "record" on the Ancestry video uploader and PRESTO--your video is recorded onto your ancestry page!