Search for content in message boards

Invitations - recipient access problems

Replies: 36

Re: Invitations - recipient access problems

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 11:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Good morning dklart, My invites have many domains and the one that had issues yesterday is a gmail account. I have hotmail or outlook for genealogy and I get updates to family trees, DNA, messages from users and notices of replies on the boards without any problem but after searching my account I haven't had a newsletter or advertisement for a couple of months it seems. My account is set to receive newsletters, I double checked. Even those who could create an account and I try to invite them by user name have problems as well. Only 1 has actually been able to open a tree and I'm not sure they've tried lately either. The invites to paid Ancestry subscribers haven't had any problems with viewing a tree. People are less inclined to share when they can't see what's been done or how their contributions have helped or are just plain frustrated! It doesn't appear to be on Ancestry's radar for a fix either despite tech. support emails and calls which I was told last May by phone that Ancestry was aware of the issue already and nothing has changed. What really bothered is that the 3 oldest surviving family members of my husband, his 96 year old Aunt, and myself, my 89 year old G-Aunt and 95 year old cousin really wanted to see their family history and records and photos together and all 3 haven't been able to gain access. Emails and attachments or several books don't have the same "completed picture" as they do in a tree.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dedted29 23 Dec 2012 12:44PM GMT 
nls12 23 Dec 2012 3:02PM GMT 
daciodan 23 Dec 2012 5:19PM GMT 
dedted29 23 Dec 2012 6:27PM GMT 
janeoz123 7 Feb 2013 12:10AM GMT 
mbmjlm 7 Feb 2013 4:12AM GMT 
janeoz123 7 Feb 2013 4:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic