Search for content in message boards

Member Tree Text Formatting

Replies: 27

Re: PETITION - ACOM Member Tree Text Formatting

Posted: 24 May 2012 5:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
sageflat

As you have this concern I will make this suggestion if ACOM listens to us.

keep the comments on your tree profiles to the acceptable amount of characters for your desktop program!

with the improvement we are asking for every one of us are then free to chose to add more grammatical correct or descriptive notations to our tree if and when we wish!

example

the marriage took place at 3 pm in the east chapel of saint John the evangelist, along the street, in-this area, of-this town, any county, in the world. her father being deceased for 10 years the bride was given away by the her brother Ivor Steppedin. the witnesses were Mr Jonathan Fuller Doe, Mrs May Doe, Mr Thomas Richard Harry and Miss first longer name by mister Idoalot O F Joinings.

would not have too become

in the east chapel of St John the evangelist, witness Mr J f & Mrs M doe, Mr T Harry and Miss F L Name, by minister I Joinings

many of us see a need to improve the way comments are handled on our online tree and if our home based programs cant handle the comments we would i am sure be able to find a way to deal with the problem.

at the end of the day we are asking for the ability to have information we wish to place in our online trees handled in a more efficient manner.

most of us know the value of having a home based genealogy program and realise that it is wise to record the info on the said program as well as on online Ancestry member trees at the time of researching an individual, as the AMT is basically just a display facility not a full genealogy program.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Teri Pettit 23 May 2012 6:04PM GMT 
babs689 23 May 2012 9:04PM GMT 
sageflat 24 May 2012 12:36PM GMT 
adamsfamily1 24 May 2012 11:52PM GMT 
babs689 25 May 2012 3:50PM GMT 
adamsfamily1 25 May 2012 5:24PM GMT 
Teri Pettit 6 Jun 2012 4:10PM GMT 
stanleydv 22 Sep 2012 1:34PM GMT 
Barbara Taylo... 7 Oct 2012 2:03AM GMT 
katysfamilies 18 Oct 2012 7:42PM GMT 
per page