Search for content in message boards

Suggestions for "Review Hint" Screen

Replies: 3

Suggestions for "Review Hint" Screen

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 8:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am constantly having unexpected or undesired results from the "Review Record Hint" or "Review Member Tree Hints" screen.

For example, I have a relative who married twice. I selected a marriage record for his first marriage, but the hint screen will link the source to his second marriage. I would have had to add the fact as an Alternate. And when its a source that goes directly to an Ancestry page, like a Census record, or a marriage record, I cannot edit the source and relink it to the correct marriage fact.

It would be great if it could figure it out by the spouse's name, or ideally, allow the user to pick which fact to attach the source to. Or even allowing creating a new fact on this screen, and selecting from the same list of facts that are in the 'Add Fact' list?

Another perfect example, is an occupation listed on a Census form. I can add the fact in the Overview screen, but when reviewing the census record, I can't link the source to that Occupation fact.

Or maybe I am just missing how to do some of this and need to be directed to the appropriate help section.

Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Marc Oburg 23 Aug 2012 2:09AM GMT 
McComberdesce... 23 Aug 2012 3:20AM GMT 
Marc Oburg 23 Aug 2012 1:24PM GMT 
vpenchosky 4 Sep 2012 1:07AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions