Search for content in message boards

Announcing upcoming test for search relevancy

Replies: 27

Re: Announcing upcoming test for search relevancy

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 7:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Couldnt agree more with the previous post. I spent an hour in Feb talking to one of their developers about the search and gave him what I considered some very good feedback which he promised he would bring up at the next team meeting. Last week I received a survey about the relevances of the searches both old an new ( which shows he had brought up one thing I asked) however after calling Ancestry it seems to me that they havent taken on board anything that we are saying.

For me their search is now going to be as bad as Find My Pasts (at least they will admit they dont care what we think about the searches so long as we get the records).

I use Ancestry for my business and speed is of the essence. Those extra few minutes getting through the hundreds of pointless results could cost me money. If Ancestry stop listening to those of us who have been with them for over 10 years then I will be gone. We didnt need a new search just a few tweaks to the old search would have sufficed.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tripthrutime 26 Nov 2012 5:05PM GMT 
Jennifer Nail... 26 Mar 2013 12:15AM GMT 
McComberdesce... 26 Mar 2013 9:58PM GMT 
Jennifer Nail... 27 Mar 2013 5:50PM GMT 
serenity20061 5 Jul 2013 10:12PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 5 Jul 2013 11:58PM GMT 
cakemp1 7 Jul 2013 5:25PM GMT 
robburnsuk 26 Jul 2013 1:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions