Search for content in message boards

Display - Ancestry World Tree Imported From RootsWeb File

Replies: 9

Display - Ancestry World Tree Imported From RootsWeb File

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 5:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Forgive me if this is a duplicate thread, but it's a problem I've just noticed in the last six months and it's driving me up the wall. At some point, you good folks at Ancestry decided to start abbreviating and re-formatting what's imported from the RootsWeb World Connect Family Trees.

I've been publishing through RootsWeb for many, many years, and have never had problems with my data being "cut to the quick" before. Now, however, instead of all the little evidence factoids and footnotes I've compiled over the years, I see just the basics...a few names, a few dates, and no footnotes whatsoever.

As a convicted historian and as a dedicated researcher, I find this disturbing, unsettling, and more than a little bit insulting. Adding unreadability to this abyss of the ages, the supporting data are centered on the page rather than being flush-left. This does NOT lend readability to a descendancy report, folks!

So, two requests: tell us, please, why you are limiting the data? and tell us, please, when we can get flush-left formatting back.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
genehisthome 2 Jan 2013 12:54AM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 2 Jan 2013 1:27AM GMT 
jeanneflowers 10 Jan 2013 8:48PM GMT 
ludlowbaylive 10 Jan 2013 10:54PM GMT 
jeanneflowers 10 Jan 2013 11:27PM GMT 
ludlowbaylive 11 Jan 2013 1:05AM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 2 Jan 2013 1:34AM GMT 
ludlowbaylive 2 Jan 2013 1:49AM GMT 
jeanneflowers 10 Jan 2013 8:41PM GMT 
jeanneflowers 14 Jan 2013 6:52PM GMT 
per page