Search for content in message boards

Wonky "save to tree person(s)" (Beta) forms will become final in February

Replies: 41

Re: Wonky "save to tree person(s)" (Beta) forms will become final in February

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 9:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Feb 2013 12:49PM GMT
Using the US 1910 Census, a side by side comparison.

It appears this is standard for the US Census, 1880-1940.

Visually, the beta version is unappealing (ugly, clunky and chunky) and takes up to much real-estate. The same color blocks utilized on the right and left make for confusing.

I know why I'm on the review page, I don't need it screamed "Add new Information to your tree". The database name the record is from, is now buried in tiny print, it now requires more than a glance, and the thumbnail pic of the record is useless. This is not improved by a long shot.

The original form allowed for additional data to be entered, ie, the marriage and death fields, these have vanished in the beta. This is ****HIGHLY useful function**** of the review page.

In the original form, all the possible data in the record is listed clearly and immediately visible on the left, any changes or additions happen on the right.

In the beta, you're clicking and clicking and jumping from left to right, right to left. ALL actions, alternates, etc, should be ON THE RIGHT, as they are in the original.

Yes, yes, the majority of users just adore and love all the transcribed data added to the time line, never mind that it's the interpretation of the out-sourced transcriber and most likely contains errors. The default should be unchecked. If users want that clutter in their time-line, the action should be a conscious, not mindless, choice.

The beta form, as well as new search, doesn't utilize the auto-fill/memory that FF users find USEFUL. Instead of simplified, easier, quicker, it's a chore and a snore.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tante33 2 Feb 2013 8:36AM GMT 
daciodan 2 Feb 2013 3:45PM GMT 
daciodan 2 Feb 2013 4:30PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 2 Feb 2013 5:42PM GMT 
frostfreedet 2 Feb 2013 6:00PM GMT 
daciodan 3 Feb 2013 4:44PM GMT 
daciodan 3 Feb 2013 4:54PM GMT 
McComberdesce... 3 Feb 2013 8:22PM GMT 
daciodan 1 Feb 2013 7:20PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 1 Feb 2013 7:43PM GMT