Well, I got it fixed, but it is involved. I'll tell you what I did.
I was in the process of getting some screen prints of different areas. The players are William Kincaid Jump, first wife Susanah Hogg, and second wife Sarah Arnold Burris. I had both marriages and their sources on the file, but with the first marriage, it said Sarah instead of Susanah. So I went to Susanah's record (I didn't like the source that was attached to the fact on her record), so deleted that marriage fact on her record. Then added a new marriage fact attaching William. When I looked at the resulting facts, there was no source, just as I knew there would not be. I then searched for the source again, it showed up and even though it was already attached to their records, it was not check marked in the list. I clicked on it, added it to their records, and then I had the proper facts with the proper information and sources. The final task was to delete the original marriage fact for that date. Now when I look at William's timeline it is correct.
I still feel that the programmer's should fix it so you can fix the marriage fact and not have to delete and re-add and re-source.