Search for content in message boards

Notes, images, and other group editing features

Replies: 0

Notes, images, and other group editing features

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 12:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
My suggestions is that there is a group editing feature on Ancestry where you didn't have to individually change the last name of 40 people in the tree, for example in the event you misspelled something.

There should be something more visible to let people know there is a note attached to a family member. It is almost invisible.

I wish I could add photos to the same place in different people's trees, not just attach it to the person in the main media gallery. For example, if 5 family members lived in the same house in 1920, it would be nice if I could upload one photo of the residence and attach it to that fact for each of them. Right now, you have to upload it to one person, attach it to other people, attach the photo to the fact of the person you uploaded it to, open up each of the other people, select fact and add the photo individually to each. It is very time consuming.

When you add a photo of a headstone you only have the option to input the name, birth date and death of one person, even if the headstone lists multiple people on it.

It would also be nice if you could customize the interface of your own tree!

Find a board about a specific topic