Search for content in message boards

New Search Result Page Visual Updates

Replies: 92

Re: New Search Result Page Visual Updates

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 12:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Andy: I realize that tracking is done but what I am not sure IS done is checking how many people start out with New Search...get frustrated and switch to Old Search after New Search fails them. Also, I doubt it is taken into account how many people have no clue that Old Search is THERE and available to them. The link is tiny and obscure. I also realize that the people using these boards are a fraction of the actual user base BUT they are also among the more knowledgeable users...the clueless among the users who don't know Old Search exists are more apt than our board users to be clueless about Old Search.

That said, I saw Anne Mitchell explain New Search years ago at a conference when it really WAS a NEW Search and it worked GREAT...and even taking unplanned examples from the audience it worked flawlessly...but when I got home and ever since then I've been unable to duplicate Anne's success with it. To me it comes in handy in those cases when you have tried exact matches with Old Search and just can't find who you are looking for...then and only then do I find the relevancy matches on New Search "useful."

Joan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Katharine Nes... 1 Apr 2013 10:33PM GMT 
jwardh 3 Apr 2013 2:52AM GMT 
OrygunCuzzin 3 Apr 2013 4:15AM GMT 
cakemp1 3 Apr 2013 12:57PM GMT 
Katharine Nes... 3 Apr 2013 2:29PM GMT 
jmyoung365 3 Apr 2013 4:26PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 3 Apr 2013 5:21PM GMT 
jmyoung365 3 Apr 2013 6:41PM GMT 
BobNY 3 Apr 2013 7:57PM GMT 
frostfreedet 3 Apr 2013 7:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions