Search for content in message boards

Hints List - Suggested Improvements

Replies: 22

Re: Hints List - Suggested Improvements

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 11:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
In my particular case, I research from documentary evidence ONLY (B-M-D, Wills, Court Records, Deeds, etc.). The photos are fine to look at, but are not as important to me as having my tree reflect an accurately proven lineage.

Personally, I never use images of people's faces, with the exception of my own family where I know the identities. Just a couple reasons I don't want photo/story hints...I have seen numerous occasions on Ancestry and elsewhere, where someone has a photo in their tree either misidentified, or has attached a photo of my family member to the wrong person in their tree who happens to have the same name as my family member. I often see headstone photos with very clear birth and death dates on them, and in one specific example (there are many to choose from), the tree owner insists on using a death date which is 10 years and many months prior to the date on the headstone.

Stories sometimes provide clues for other members, but in my case / my family, folks on here have the information about my ancestors so hopelessly mangled that most of their stories are completely useless to me. For my own purposes, I would rather have a well-proven and documented tree rather than one that is just filled up with "fluff".
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ginglish1 2 Apr 2013 11:08PM GMT 
McComberdesce... 3 Apr 2013 5:06AM GMT 
Cheryl Hammon... 7 Apr 2014 9:06AM GMT 
fhsleuth 2 Apr 2013 7:37PM GMT 
HoosierGarden... 20 Feb 2014 6:59PM GMT 
ceilidh 2 Apr 2013 5:28PM GMT 
godavem 2 Apr 2013 6:11PM GMT 
LorettaLG 4 Apr 2013 3:13AM GMT 
dcsmith 4 Apr 2013 1:56PM GMT 
LorettaLG 4 Apr 2013 2:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions