Search for content in message boards

Request: ability to search for comments and "alternative information" submissions

Replies: 7

Request: ability to search for comments and "alternative information" submissions

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 6:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
It would be helpful for me to be able to search for all records where I have made a Comment or suggested an alternative for the indexed data, with options to specify a date range for the submission date, and to sort the results either by submission date or by collection and database.

The easiest place to put the UI for this would probably be on the member Profile page, near where you can search for all Message Board posts by the user.

Does Ancestry already keep track of this data for each member, so that it would be only a UI task, or are the comments and alternative index info not currently tracked or indexed by submitter?

(I realize that there may not be sufficient user demand for this feature for it to warrant resource allocation, but I figure that if users don't mention the things they would like to see, you'll never even know what level of demand exist.)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Teri Pettit 28 Apr 2013 12:46AM GMT 
jwardh 28 Apr 2013 2:44AM GMT 
DelorisWillia... 30 Apr 2013 4:20AM GMT 
daciodan 30 Apr 2013 4:25PM GMT 
fhsleuth 2 May 2013 6:22AM GMT 
Teri Pettit 2 May 2013 3:24PM GMT 
daciodan 2 May 2013 3:55PM GMT 
fhsleuth 6 May 2013 8:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions