Search for content in message boards

Font Type Suggestion - Easier to Read

Replies: 1

Re: Font Type Suggestion - Easier to Read

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 2:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jun 2013 2:12PM GMT
It appears to me that the font presently used on the message boards is a sans-serif font (such as Arial). It has the same potential for causing the capital letter "I" and the lower case letter "l" to be viewed as identical and thus as interchangeable letters. However, I prefer a sans-serif font (such as Arial) for ease in reading overall. Any font with a serif blurs the letters together and makes reading more difficult.

That being said, there are many other fonts, such as "Century Gothic," "Teen," and "Garamond," etc. Those are more open and more widely spaced, making those much easier to read than a serif font. If you are using Windows, you may want to review the font types on your computer and select from those to offer suggestions to ACOM for making a style change. Our eyes get a major workout when researching online. We can benefit from using styles less likely to contribute to eyestrain. I say, "thumbs up."
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
elizabeee 1 Jun 2013 4:21PM GMT 
fhsleuth 4 Jun 2013 8:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions