Search for content in message boards

Able to advance between subgroups when browsing databases

Replies: 1

Able to advance between subgroups when browsing databases

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 8:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Give us back the ability to scroll to the next subgroup when browsing a database. You now dim the "next" arrow at the end of a subgroup, instead of allowing us to go to the next page in the database (i.e. page in the record book). If people used to get confused browsing into the "next" group, then give them two additional buttons - A "next" and "previous" chapter button (think DVD player) bracketing the prev and next page within the current subgroup in the collection.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We used to be able to scroll through census books, church records, etc. Not being able to do so prevents those of us who know that census takers and census indexers don't always get it right, from checking the page or two before and after the break in a census book.. Or from going to the end of the county to see if they added any people "after the fact".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For example, today I reported 16 mis-indexed people in Newburgh, Orange Co., New York in the 1800 census. They were at the bottom of the page where Newburgh ended (counts and all), and were clearly labeled as being in the next township - New Windsor. I would never have found them, except that I knew they should be in New Windsor (pg 285 to 292). To find them, I had to pull up each township in the pull down to figure out which township ended with page 284. Sure enough, 16 families were there, not just my person. Since I used to be able to do this, it was a frustrating experience.
WORKAROUND: Go up to the navigation line, go to the end of the line and increase or decrement the last number by one to get into the previous (or next) subgroup.
Thanks!!!
--Jan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Janet DeLucie... 15 Jul 2013 2:24AM GMT 
frostfreedet 15 Jul 2013 10:24AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions