Search for content in message boards

New and Improved Commenting on Media in Trees

Replies: 136

Re: New and Improved Commenting on Media in Trees

Posted: 18 Sep 2013 9:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Sep 2013 10:05AM GMT
"...all the existing tags tags...."

Is tagging going to continue to be an option?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of incentive in this for the original person to add a photo. I think it reduces the chances of photos being added. I don't really understand why ancestry would make such a move?

In some ways, this is so similar to a social media site that there is almost some redundancy in purpose? If someone wants to they can already add a photo to such a site and generate comments at multiple levels, from immediate family on out to the public settings. If you think copying a format from a social media site will work than realize they have several choices of privacy settings?

I thought ancestry wanted more people to have public trees. This will not encourage either public trees nor the adding of photos. I am bewildered why ancestry would think this would benefit them or most of us who have made the effort to add photos. It seems to me more people will make their trees private which just hurts the DNA crowd.

And why do this now. This has always been a touchy topic and ancestry has been trying to encourage people to have public trees. If you want discussions over items how about over the regular source items. Why pick something so controversial and personal. Why couldn't you have used the time to give us a way to arrange photos in our tree, something that has been asked for for years.

What about photos attached to the living?

I want ancestry to be successful and I don't understand this move at this time?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BurgessDonnel... 17 Sep 2013 10:08PM GMT 
McComberdesce... 18 Sep 2013 12:16AM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 18 Sep 2013 12:27AM GMT 
Laurel Rush 18 Sep 2013 3:21AM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 18 Sep 2013 7:36AM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 18 Sep 2013 8:20AM GMT 
Laurel Rush 18 Sep 2013 1:18PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 18 Sep 2013 2:29PM GMT 
McComberdesce... 18 Sep 2013 3:17PM GMT 
scwbcm 18 Sep 2013 3:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions