Search for content in message boards

Improve navigation in the card catalog

Replies: 3

Re: Improve navigation in the card catalog

Posted: 7 Oct 2013 10:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks for the reply! I stepped through your recommendation, and I'm not really seeing how it's different in old search vs. new search vs. what I do now. I'm not having any difficulty locating the books that I want in new search. Opening the results in a new window is somewhat useful (and works with new search also), but when I'm adding multiple connections during the same session I can already use the browser Back/History to get back to the search page where I started.

Back/History/new tab/new window *doesn't* work if I close the browser and then come back later wanting to pick up where I left off. If I go to a person's profile page, locate the book in their list of sources, and click through to it, I get the indexed page and I can attach the *same* page to other people, but I *don't* get a way to easily return to the search page for that book in order to attach *other* pages - without going through the main menu and searching the card catalog again as I described before. My point is that I don't want to have to perform the card catalog search again.

So, improvement, requested: can the book title in the top left be a link to the main/search page for that book?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Cheryl Hammon... 6 Oct 2013 4:42PM GMT 
frostfreedet 6 Oct 2013 5:47PM GMT 
Cheryl Hammon... 7 Oct 2013 4:32PM GMT 
frostfreedet 7 Oct 2013 8:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions