Search for content in message boards

Improve navigation in the card catalog

Replies: 3

Improve navigation in the card catalog

Posted: 6 Oct 2013 10:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Currently when I'm viewing a record in the card catalog (meaning, a page in a book), I can turn the page forward and back, and I can navigate to chapter headings within the book, but what I can't seem to do is navigate to the main page for the book, or perform a new search within the same book.

Performing a search is the only way that I know of to get indexed results that can be attached directly to persons in my tree as sources rather than web links.

The lack of navigation to the main/search page for the book is a hassle when I've got a record attached to family member #1, I navigate to it, and I find that family member #2 is referenced on a later page of the same book. If I just page forward, I've broken the indexing and I can't attach it as a source to person #2. The only thing that works is to go to the search page, search for person #2, and find the proper page.

I can live with that as a workaround, except that at the moment there's no way to perform a new search without going back to the main Card Catalog page, performing a new search for the title of the book, and THEN performing a new search for the person I want.

The book title currently displays in the top left of the image viewer page, and it's just static text right now. Couldn't it be a hyperlink to the main/search page for that book?

(I feel like the old Member Connect panel used to have a link to the main page for the source database/book/whatever and doesn't now, but I could be misremembering.)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Cheryl Hammon... 6 Oct 2013 4:42PM GMT 
frostfreedet 6 Oct 2013 5:47PM GMT 
Cheryl Hammon... 7 Oct 2013 4:32PM GMT 
frostfreedet 7 Oct 2013 8:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic