I've been getting this error since the Historical birth, marriage and obituary collection was new. Not with every image but it occurs more than half the time and mostly with dates later than 1960. I've tried all the suggestions posted on this board, uninstalled the viewer, reinstalled, changed the options back & forth, rebooted, even installed from scratch on a newer computer. Nothing has fixed the problem. And there has never been any kind of response to the dozens of reports I've made over the last year.
For the $300 I pay each year, I expect a reply to this post from an Ancestry employee who will tell me that they've identified the problem and what they plan to do to fix it. Paying subscribers should not have to rely on other users for backdoor solutions to Ancestry's problems.