Search for content in message boards

Searching Newspapers

Replies: 4

Re: Searching Newspapers

Posted: 11 Jul 2012 8:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
You are welcome! Glad to help in any way that I can. Nice to meet you too cousin! I think that 2nd cousin would be right. Ancestry says that your Mom and I are 1st cousins once removed, but I have never understood that!

What information do you know on your Blevins and Van Sickle relatives (your grandfather and father)? I would begin by searching to see if there are other family trees that include them. Census records have been helpful to me. Also, searching for a parallel relative (such as a sibling) can be helpful if you don't have much info because someone may have traced family back through that relative.

Now, a question for you - would anyone have any photo's of Beulah Mobley Blevins siblings? I have searched for a photo of my grandfather, Arthur D. Mobley and have yet to locate one! The photo of Beulah Mobley Blevins and John Jefferson Blevins, Sr. that I have in my Powell family tree were provided by either Vivian or Ruth and passed to me from Sawyer relatives. My Mom looked a little like Beulah when she was younger.

Cindy Landry
e-mail cpL1999@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cpl1999 11 Feb 2008 3:38AM GMT 
1_bluecrew 9 Jul 2012 5:50PM GMT 
cpl1999 10 Jul 2012 2:51AM GMT 
1_bluecrew 11 Jul 2012 4:30PM GMT 
cpl1999 12 Jul 2012 2:04AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions