Search for content in message boards

Obituary index rootsweb

Replies: 7

Re: Obituary index rootsweb

Posted: 1 Apr 2012 4:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Andy,

Thanks. As to the Fold3, now that you say it's also owned by Ancestry.com, I'm really ticked.

I've been an Acom subscriber since they first started. I've pretty well picked clean the bulk of my ancestors. Each year, I have to think long & hard about $299 for my renewal. My biggest issue with continuing is the lack of useful new info available.

To find that Acom owns additional info & wants even more than my $299 is a big pill for me to swallow. If Fold3 is, in fact, solely about the Revolutionary War, how much useful info would I expect to find? I'd bet half the subscribers don't even have a Revolutionary War ancestor in their tree! I know of 3 direct ancestors in my family & at least 2 who were brothers to direct ancestors but I can't imagine what info there is to be gleaned for MORE money.

I don't know about you, but money is tight & inflation is killing me. I'm on a fixed income & don't have spare funds to throw around. I am sorely disappointed in Acom. Is this how we can expect other "new" info to be obtained, by paying ala carte over & above the world subscription?

Linda

Sorry, I know it's not your doing, there's just no one else to vent with/at, lol
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
staceylynn61 7 Nov 2011 2:33PM GMT 
ronwadegop 25 Feb 2012 11:54PM GMT 
staceylynn61 27 Feb 2012 6:28AM GMT 
lindalew 1 Apr 2012 1:24AM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 1 Apr 2012 9:22PM GMT 
lindalew 1 Apr 2012 10:47PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 19 Apr 2012 10:53PM GMT 
RWAdmin 2 May 2012 2:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions