Search for content in message boards

Uploaded tree not in search after two months

Replies: 8

Re: Uploaded tree not in search after two months

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 2:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Mar 2012 4:01PM GMT
Surnames: all
Have the same problem with ancestry.com. I upload a gedcom every three months April and july are in the search. Then I missed Oct and the latest was uploaded Jan 1 2012. 8 trees uploaded to rootsweb.com and the same trees to ancestry.com. Roots is searchable within 24 hours. Ancestry.com still not in the search. The previous 8 trees uploaded in April & July are in the search, but stupid me I removed the trees, as I thought they were searchable. Actually the old trees are searchable, but non show and they indicate a problem with finding the request. That is the way I have done it for years. So I have no trees on ancestry.com Everyone who reads this please upload to Rootsweb.com as a quicker and a safe backup of your tree, and its still free, unlike ancestry that takes my money but has a problem with a simple tree update. The funny thing is rootsweb and ancestry are run by the same people. I'm now running a test on ancestry to see how long it takes for the trees to be searchable, one tree was a uploaded gedcom and the other a tree made in the cloud on ancestry. All the trees are in the system but can not be found unless you invite someone . Believe this or not, that was the answer given by customer service as a way to allow others to see your tree. Again its all about money not Genealogy or your trees. Use rootsweb and keep it alive. If you know what a Gedcom file is, move a copy of your tree from ancestry, which you can download as a gedcom then upload it to rootsweb. I forgot to say the last update to the search database was Nov 23 2011 by customer service at ancestry.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
marthasmessag... 2 Mar 2012 6:39PM GMT 
Sad_Mushroom 3 Mar 2012 11:49AM GMT 
marthasmessag... 3 Mar 2012 8:44PM GMT 
sl_kelly 3 Mar 2012 3:38PM GMT 
marthasmessag... 3 Mar 2012 8:47PM GMT 
patcoghm 3 Mar 2012 9:55PM GMT 
MikeinCA70 10 Mar 2012 7:42PM GMT 
rjo723 13 Mar 2012 8:52PM GMT 
DavidTidball 29 Sep 2012 6:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions