Search for content in message boards

Family Data Collection hints

Replies: 4

Re: Family Data Collection hints

Posted: 4 Oct 2012 9:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Oct 2012 9:44AM GMT
I agree with BobNy, these are just what they say...hints. Hints are to be followed up with further research to find the records that the supposed info was based on, and the Family Data Collections, which have been around for years, has never shown themselves to be entirely accurate. Never just accept a hint, and don't just review it, how do you know it is correct unless you research the info yourself?
I've seen so many trees that accept every single hint that comes up on Ancestry, now those threes look like a complete hodge podge of inconsistent info. Hints can show what Ancestry considers the possible same person in several different locations in the same Census year, and the scary part about it, many people go right on ahead and accept all of those hints.
I'd suggest that you go back over those "Family Data Collections" records that you collected and de-link them, then use the info to look for the records to support them yourself.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dewright12 3 Oct 2012 7:03AM GMT 
BobNY 3 Oct 2012 2:33PM GMT 
DelorisWillia... 4 Oct 2012 3:43PM GMT 
frostfreedet 4 Oct 2012 8:54PM GMT 
cpingree113 4 Oct 2012 9:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions