Search for content in message boards

Registration District Error on large scale

Replies: 18

Re: Registration District Error on large scale

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 3:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hopefully someone will hear your plea, but considering all the other issues on ancestry, I would be surprised if anything happens. I also found one (of many) errors in that a newspaper was listed as right city, but wrong state. I finally saw it was corrected about a year or so after I contacted them.

In my opinion, ancestry is too involved in buying up other sites, facebook apps, tv shows, etc., to be concerned with fixing what they currently have. With the 1940 US census being transcribed in China the errors are horrendous. They state the transcribers were well trained in letter recognition, although they do not appear to be trained in word recognition, as some of the simplest names are wrong.

This past year I have been so discouraged by the errors and the responses I have gotten when writing them (generally they respond they have sent the problem to their content team - never to be heard from again), that I will not be renewing. I've also made my tree private as I understand the trees are shared with the free Mundia site they own.

Again, I wish you well... you can try writing them at support@ancestry.com, but you will probably get the same response most of us get re it being forwarded to the content team.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lallyyoung 7 Oct 2012 8:52PM GMT 
tulrose 7 Oct 2012 9:43PM GMT 
ld612 7 Oct 2012 9:52PM GMT 
lallyyoung 8 Oct 2012 7:21AM GMT 
lallyyoung 9 Oct 2012 2:43AM GMT 
ludlowbaylive 9 Oct 2012 3:29AM GMT 
talbotrail 9 Oct 2012 4:19AM GMT 
lallyyoung 9 Oct 2012 6:03PM GMT 
talbotrail 7 Oct 2012 10:23PM GMT 
lallyyoung 8 Oct 2012 7:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions