Search for content in message boards

family tree maker is updating this tree

Replies: 9

family tree maker is updating this tree

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 1:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
I seem to be waiting for quite a while to read a particular Family Tree but I keep getting this reply when I click on it "family tree maker is updating this tree". My last query got this reply

Thank you for contacting Ancestry.com regarding getting a the error message that "Family Tree Maker is Updating This Tree" in regards to searching for the tree in Ancestry.

We regret any frustration this issue may have caused you. The problem that you are experiencing is a known issue currently. The problem is that the information in the trees on Ancestry.com has not been indexed in a while. This problem should resolve itself the next time the trees on Ancestry.com are indexed. With the amount of new information added and modified daily on our website, we re-index periodically to reflect the new information. The length in time it takes for us to start and finish a re-index is determined by the amount of new and modified information added to the website. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience with us while we are updating.

Is this just me or are othe people having the same problem? Does anyone know how often Ancestry reindexes?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
champagne3 9 Oct 2012 7:58PM GMT 
frostfreedet 9 Oct 2012 8:04PM GMT 
McComberdesce... 9 Oct 2012 11:35PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 10 Oct 2012 12:02AM GMT 
champagne3 10 Oct 2012 1:25AM GMT 
McComberdesce... 10 Oct 2012 6:13PM GMT 
champagne3 10 Oct 2012 7:41PM GMT 
McComberdesce... 10 Oct 2012 8:29PM GMT 
champagne3 10 Oct 2012 11:48PM GMT 
champagne3 11 Oct 2012 4:01AM GMT 
per page