Search for content in message boards

Unable to cancel after multiple attempts

Replies: 7

Unable to cancel after multiple attempts

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 1:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
I've emailed Ancestry.com multiple times and have received no sort of response on this issue. I originally tried to cancel my subscription through my iPhone, in which it happily read, "subscription cancelled!". That was incorrect. I later received a charge on my card. After that, I tried to cancel through the site on my computer, but with no success. I have rechecked my password and username via my email again and again and have still not been able to get past the "SECURE" password/login page since all it does is take you in a constant loop preventing you from cancelling. I find that this is a scam. It is a downright scam, and it is frustrating. Have I tried calling the phone number that the site has provided? No, I honestly don't have time. I'm in the Navy, and as most people know, our op-tempo is at an extreme high right now. The site should actually allow you to cancel ONLINE LIKE IT SAYS instead of constantly asking you to log in EVEN when you type in the correct information.

Ancestry.com, I can say that unless you fix this not just for me, but for others in the future, that I will warn anybody and everybody of the scam that you call a website.

Sure, it may not seem like that much money to some, but considering what I've been through just to get some limited answers on my ancestry and then get charged after being deceived of my cancellation progress, and not receiving any help through email and receiving no contact whatsoever, it is an absolute shame.

This has been completely frustrating. I'm not sure why your site is designed the way it is, but it's faulty. Either that or your website design team has designed it to prevent people from cancelling.

Step your game up and fix the site.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bnsally89 26 Oct 2012 7:32AM GMT 
mmoore012 26 Oct 2012 12:43PM GMT 
thomasker2 26 Oct 2012 1:42PM GMT 
pasher44 27 Oct 2012 12:59PM GMT 
daciodan 27 Oct 2012 1:55PM GMT 
fhsleuth 28 Oct 2012 5:48AM GMT 
daciodan 28 Oct 2012 3:27PM GMT 
fhsleuth 28 Oct 2012 9:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions