Search for content in message boards

Attacked by a clickologist

Replies: 15

Attacked by a clickologist

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 12:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm wondering if whatever ancestry just did to make the trees disappear and appear again... see other posts... has something to do with a irritating issue I've just had.

I just received "new leaves" hints on 20+ photos for my tree.. interestingly enough they are my parents, grandparents, and close relatives. What is irritating is that they are all photos I posted to my tree in 2010. They are now popping up as hints, and are noted to be first added by another tree contributor in 2011. There is no doubt these are same photos as I own the originals, and some have identifiable markings, and are all the photos I had uploaded for those specific people.

I didn't mind sharing my photos, that was original intent of the tree. But when someone downloads and then uploads under their name, that is just not right, if that is what happened. But, issue is why they are now just coming up as hints, when other person loaded them in 2011? Is this a glitch again by ancestry in their effort to "improve" the site?

Just a BTW, when I was researching the above issue, I noted that all my information on these close family members of mine had been uploaded by a clickologist to the tree of an in-law of my aunt. Definitely was my infomation as I had very unique notes on mine that I'm sure the clickologist would not be able to explain. I don't mind sharing, but this is so frustrating... I know I can't undo that which has been done, so I don't need that lecture, just had to vent about it, lol, This is one of the reasons why I made my tree private earlier this year.

Long story... but questions are...

1) Is anyone else getting photo hints that they originally loaded but are now identified as someone else's with older upload dates?
2) How can you tell who has copied people from your own tree? (I know how to see who copied photos, but I mean records on people including dates, census, notes, etc.)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ld612 16 Nov 2012 7:32PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 16 Nov 2012 10:23PM GMT 
ld612 16 Nov 2012 10:35PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 16 Nov 2012 10:45PM GMT 
ld612 16 Nov 2012 11:00PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 16 Nov 2012 11:05PM GMT 
MarianneFishe... 17 Nov 2012 4:49AM GMT 
dedted29 22 Nov 2012 10:08AM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 22 Nov 2012 10:32AM GMT 
keithnuttle 22 Nov 2012 1:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions